More relationships between the number of the card and stats and useless info on the player. As mentioned in yesterday's post, it sounds kind of like numerology. I'm beginning to be concerned about myself...
- During his career, Elmer had three consecutive seasons of hitting .300 or better ('46-'48)
- Over the course of a twenty year major league career, Valo walked 3x more than he struck out.
- Valo was part of three franchise shifts: playing for both the Kansas City Athletics& Philadelphia Athletics, the Brooklyn & Los Angeles Dodgers, and the Washington Senators & Minnesota Twins.
- Wore the #3 for the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1957 and then also for the Los Angeles Dodgers a year later
- Holds the ML record for most bases loaded triples in a season with 3
As a member of an Athletics team which in recent years had finished in eighth place, one year 34 games out, and then 49, 55, and finally 60 out of first place, Valo once reached third base and asked the umpire, "Where do I go from here?"